Discussions > Is starting One Piece from the beginning, worth it?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Im bored, can someone tell me, if starting One Piece from episode.1 is worth it? is the early eapisodes relevant to the main plot? Because that episode count... Scares me. if not, then what epsisode hsould i start in? I mean i already pretty much already recognize every relevant character in the old episodes.

• Created
    3 year
  • Last Post
    1 year
  • Views
  • Users

I would say you don't necessarily need to start from episode 1, especially if you don't want to sit through the old animation for a couple hundred episodes (probably around 200 till it gets a little better). One Piece has also gone back and made movies in much better animation that sum up a lot of the main things that happen in the first bit. If you also don't want to sit through a bunch of movies, I'm sure there are a ton of youtube videos recapping everything you might need. I'd say the animation was much better starting at the Thriller Bark arc starting around episode 326. A lot of people I know though started much later at the Dressrosa Arc which starts around episode 629.

As someone who has seen it all from episode 1, I have no regrets! Granted, it was only around the 300-400 episode mark when I started it but honestly I was caught up in no time. 

1 Reply
RADYOAKO
Im bored, can someone tell me, if starting One Piece from episode.1 is worth it? is the ea...

I'd have to agree with BrokenAngel, you don't have to as a newbie watcher or someone revisiting after a lapse of time but also as a person who has been watching One Piece since day 1 and has rewatched it multiple times I gotta say I never regret it and always catch stuff I missed or maybe forgot about. Plus... what else was I doing watching One Piece ep 1 or ep 650 doesn't make much difference. ✌ 

1 Reply

alr, ill check it out!

RADYOAKO
Im bored, can someone tell me, if starting One Piece from episode.1 is worth it? is the ea...

I just started (again).. and now I am enjoying every episode. Yes there may be spoilers around, but at least I find myself part of every fight they (almost) lost. No need to rush it..unless you are competing with somebody? I do not skip filler episodes too.

Why not? if you're bored. I've watched it again from episode 1 before and I still enjoy it. 

RADYOAKO

If you enjoy it go for it, you might even find some easter eggs :)

I've watched it all and find myself going back to certain arcs every now and again, if you haven't seen them you do know what you're missing.

Also, you can skip the recaps and the intros so its like 12-15minutes fresh content per episode - goes quite quick.

Thanks for still replying 9 months later guys !!

It's sometimes easier to just get an understanding, rather than watch EVERYTHING. It's more of, how much do you wish to be invested into the story?

RADYOAKO

Do you start a cruise in the middle of the ocean? One Piece is a cruise, sit back and relax no need to rush.

1 Reply

Okay-ish

RADYOAKO

OMG! You have to start One Piece from the beginning!!! It's just... wow! The characters are so amazing, the story is super epic, and the world-building is just mind-blowing! You'll laugh, cry, and be on the edge of your seat the whole time! Trust me, it's a wild ride you don't want to miss! Just... just go for it!

Yeah...the start of the series is from super long ago and teh animation is not as crisp as it is today, but after a few episodes you won't care. I've seen a s..tload of animes and One Piece still stands at No. 1 today still. There is no other that blends rich and immersive storytelling, memorable/legendary characters, adventure and world-building, emotional impact and life lessons and themes better than One Piece. If ater 30 episodes you don't get hooked, maybe it's not for you. BUT IT IS MOST DEFINITELY WORTH TRYING AT THE VERY LEAST! 

If there's one thing I wish I could do with my memory, that would be erasing my memories of seeing One Piece while keeping still knowing how great it is and rewatch it again and again. 

Posts 1 to 11 of 11